Sunday, October 22, 2006

Walking Worthy

Life has been quite busy lately which is why my posts here have been rather sparse, but the garden is done with for another year and autumn is rolling on into winter here in central Wisconsin, so I should have a little more time indoors to focus on writing again, amongst other things. Be assured that I WILL return to my study about words; I need to complete it for my own benefit, if not for anyone else. But today I had a different quick thought that I wanted to record before it slips away from me and gets forgotten in the ocean of thoughts that slosh around in my brain.

We can keep the Biblical Sabbath, the festivals, eat kosher, but if we aren't obeying the LORD in other areas, such as in our interpersonal relationships, the words we speak, etc, what good does our "Torah" observance do us? NONE! If I lived with a man I wasn't married to, but I kept the Sabbath & festivals, etc, what would be the point of my Torah observance? None. If I don't walk in integrity, honesty, faithfulness in EVERY area of my life, what good does it do me to keep these other things? None. There is no special value in keeping the Sabbath, the festivals, the kosher food laws, or other aspects of Torah if we are not going to walk in ALL the Torah--which includes the things that Yeshua taught and that His disciples Paul, Peter, John, and James taught. And ALL of it needs to come from a heart that is committed to the LORD, determined to follow Him, to bring Him glory & honor, to give Him pleasure by our willing, trusting obedience.

No comments: