Sunday, April 16, 2006

He Is Not Here; He Is Risen

Glorious words! Most wonderful words! They bring such hope, such joy! My heart rejoices in God my Savior and with my mouth I will sing His praise!

Christ Arose
written by Robert Lowry

Up from the grave He arose,
With a mighty triumph o'er His foes;
He arose a Victor from the dark domain,
And He lives forever with His saints to reign,
He arose! He arose!
Hallelujah! Christ arose!

And this too is yet another of those foundation stones which my faith is built upon. Not only did my Savior suffer and die upon the cruel tree, shedding His blood in my place, carrying in His flesh my sins and their penalty, but He conquered death and the grave for me too! Hallelujah, what a Savior!

1Corinthians 15:19-23 (Amplified) If we who are [abiding] in Christ have hope only in this life and that is all, then we are of all people most miserable and to be pitied. But the fact is that Christ (the Messiah) has been raised from the dead, and He became the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep [in death]. For since [it was] through a man that death [came into the world, it is] also through a Man that the resurrection of the dead [has come]. For just as [because of their union of nature] in Adam all people die, so also [by virtue of their union of nature] shall all in Christ be made alive. But each in his own rank and turn: Christ (the Messiah) [is] the firstfruits, then those who are Christ's [own will be resurrected] at His coming.

Because He lives, I can face tomorrow. Because He lives, all fear is gone. Because He lives, I know that there IS life after death and that a glorious future awaits every one who puts their trust in Him. Because He lives, I know that the dead in Christ will rise again and the grave will not separate us from our loved ones who died trusting in Him.

Blessed are You, LORD God Heavenly Father, Creator and Sustainer of the Universe, Guardian and Shepherd of my soul, Who has conquered death and the grave, rising triumphant over all the powers of hell and death. I thank You, Father God, for the manifestation of Your steadfast love and tender mercies towards us in the sacrifice of Your Son, Yeshua HaMashiach, the Passover Lamb. Thank You that the blood of the Lamb of God avails for me and let me never forget the price that You have paid for my redemption. Help me to walk in Your righteousness and holiness, looking unto Yeshua, the Author and Finisher of my faith, laying aside every weight and the sin that so readily entangles me, to walk in all of Your ways with all of my heart, glorifying You in my body and in my spirit, which are Yours. To the glory of God my Father and my LORD Yeshua the Messiah, Amein!

No comments: