Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Hold Fast

Philippians 3:15-16 (Amplified) So let those [of us] who are spiritually mature and full-grown have this mind and hold these convictions; and if in any respect you have a different attitude of mind, God will make that clear to you also. Only let us hold true to what we have already attained and walk and order our lives by that.

The LORD has brought this scripture to mind, as I have determined to follow Him. I know that I have a lot to learn still, a lot of growing yet to do, a lot of dying to my self, a lot of becoming more like Yeshua my Messiah. But I also know that over the past 30 some years of following Him, He has taught me many things already. He has built a spiritual foundation under me. Over the next few days, maybe weeks, depending on how the Holy Spirit directs, I want to write about the things I have already learned, to define the foundations that my faith is built upon. In the process, I will be remembering this verse:

1 Thessalonians 5:21 (Amplified) But test and prove all things [until you can recognize] what is good; [to that] hold fast.

1 comment:

jenny said...

I've finally had the chance to read your posts, Cindy, and they are challening. Thanks for the reminder to walk behind the Master, to hold fast to Him. I was especially challenged in one of the quotes by even checking "what I think I want". Wow! We truly need to stay close to the Master because this is not something we can do in our own strength.