Sunday, July 09, 2006

The Assurance of Our Salvation

When I last posted, I shared about the situation that has developed between me and my eldest daughter & her husband. They gave me a book that they wanted me to read, Fifty Reasons Why Jesus Came To Die by John Piper. I am not a big fan of John Piper, though he does have some good stuff in print. (I am not a big fan of any man or ministry; everything has to be tested and must line up with God's Holy Word.) I read the book, noting in particular all the places that they had highlighted, and made notes on paper that I will be sharing with them, giving them my thoughts about what I read. I got the impression that they are concerned that I have thrown away my salvation based on the blood of Yeshua and am somehow trusting in my keeping the Torah to save me. Nothing could be further from the truth and so I have shared with them in a long letter. I would also like to share with them the following article: The Assurance of Our Salvation by John K McKee at TNN Online (http://www.tnnonline.net/theonews/salvation/assurance-of/index.html). It is such a good article that I wanted to share it here, too. It's well worth the time it takes to click on the link and read it. And just maybe it will reassure some of you who've been reading this and think I've gone off the deep end or who've been having questions of your own. I pray that you will be blessed, as I have been. Shalom!

1 comment:

jenny said...

This is another question that came up last night at study. Can a person walk in Torah and still have salvation by grace? The answer is YES! Look at Zacharias and Elizabeth in Luke 1. It says of them, "They were both righteous (in the covenant, i.e. 'saved') in the sight of God, walking blamelessly in all the commandments and requirements of the Lord." Baruch HaShem! That's what we are all supposed to be.