Sunday, July 16, 2006

Ye Must Be Born Again

I work at night, on third shift which is from 11 pm til 7 am. I work in a plastics molding factory and am often assigned to repetitive jobs where I am working primarily by myself. I don't mind that as it gives me lots of time for prayer and meditation. One night while I was thinking and meditating on some things, I had one of those "Ah Ha!" moments.

I was thinking about those who have chosen to follow the homosexual lifestyle. Often we hear homosexuals state that they should be accepted as they are because they were born that way. I don't know whether or not a person can be born with a specific sexual orientation. I haven't read all the studies that have been done on this. I only know what God has said about it in the Bible and what my own intuition tells me.

Leviticus 18:22 (Amplified) You shall not lie with a man as with a woman; it is an abomination. [I Cor. 6:9, 10.]

Leviticus 20:13 (Amplified) If a man lies with a male as if he were a woman, both men have committed an offense (something perverse, unnatural, abhorrent, and detestable); they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

I do NOT stand in judgment over any one who is following the homosexual lifestyle, whatever their reasons for doing so. The Word tells me:

John 8:7 ...Let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone...

I am not without plenty of my own sins so I am in no position to throw stones. And in truth, there is not one of us who is without sin and worthy to throw stones at another. There's only One Who is holy and righteous and without sin--the Son of God, Yeshua the Messiah. And He said, "Neither do I condemn you." (John 8:11)

John 3:17 (Amplified) For God did not send the Son into the world in order to judge (to reject, to condemn, to pass sentence on) the world, but that the world might find salvation and be made safe and sound through Him.

We have all been "born in sin," whatever that sin might be. When you think about it like that, then yes, the person who is a homosexual was "born" that way. But here's the "Ah Ha" moment: that's why Yeshua said that we must be born again! When we are born again, through believing in the sacrifice of Yeshua in our place, to bear the condemnation for our sin, then the Word says that we become new creatures in the Messiah; the old things are passed away and all things are become new. We will still have to battle the sinful inclinations of our flesh, but we have the mighty strength of the LORD indwelling us to help us die to our flesh and live for Him. Now that's Good News!

No comments: